COVID-19 Update: Due to current public health regulation by the Ontario government and the escalating pandemic, UTTTC has decided to cancel coaching for Fall 2020, while no decision has been made for Winter 2021 yet.
We have a roster of incredible, experienced and diverse coaches. Depending on what kind of training you are looking for, we will match you with the best coach. Feel free to request a coach as well, and we will match you with your requested coach if he/she is free. Scroll onward to view the UTTTC coaches (listed in alphabetical order)!
Andrea has been playing since the age of 9. She played on Team Ontario and was on the U-15 Canadian National Team. Notable achievements include:
- 2008 National Championships: 1st under 13 girls team
- 2010 National Championships: 3rd under 15 girls team, 3rd under 15 doubles
- 2011 National Championships: 3rd under 15 girls team, 3rd under 15 doubles
- 2012 US Open: Top 8 under 18 girls singles
She also played on the UOttawa Table Tennis Team for 4 years and was team captain and coach for 3 years, leading the team to:
- 2017 NCTTA: Canada East Divisional Women’s Team Champion & Great Lakes Regional Women’s Team Runner-up
- 2018 NCTTA: Great Lakes Regional Women’s Team Champion & Coed Team Runner-up
She was also the NCTTA Canada East Divisional Director from 2017-2019.
Justina is an advanced competitor and coach, and has been playing for 12 years. She’s been on the Canadian Table Tennis National Team for the past 9 years. To date, she has competed internationally in the 2019 World University Games, 2018 Commonwealth Games, 4 World Senior Championships, 3 World Junior Championships, multiple international circuits, and a pro-tour. Across the 9 Canadian Championships that she has participated in, she has won 37 medals. If you are looking for coaching on Saturday morning or noon, and are looking for experienced, intermediate and advanced coaching, she is your girl!
Howard has been playing for 12 years, is ranked number one in Canada by NCTTA, and he has been coaching with UTTTC for 1 year. He has also been on the Canadian National Team and Ontario Team for 4 years, where he has placed in a myriad of events, including:
- 2015 National Championship: 1st under 15 boys team, 3rd men’s team, 3rd U15 Doubles
- 2016 National Championship: 2nd U18 boys team, 2nd men’s team, 3rd U18 doubles
- 2017 National Championship: 1st U18 boys team, 3rd men’s team, 3rd U18 Doubles
- 2018 National Championship: 3rd U18 Mixed Doubles
- Circuit Québécoise Champion Open 2017
Bio coming soon!
Yilin has been playing competitively for 10 years, and has been coaching for 3 years. She played on Team Manitoba, where she has represented the province at the Canada Winter Games, and is a national bronze medal winner. She played on the U of T competitive team, and was team captain for two years, leading the team to many trophies and medals.
Interested in coaching?
Send us an email! Please include your competitive and coaching experience, your style of play, and your availability.